If you're an avid coffee lover you may not want to hear the following but it may actually be to your benefit to read on. Coffee has become more and more a part of many people's daily lives, but many coffee drinkers are oblivious to the repercussions of consuming caffeine on a regular basis, and may only be aware of the initial feel-good uplift it gives which can tend to mask it's detrimental longer term affects.
Here's ten reasons why you may just want to cut back on the coffee:
* it depletes the body of valuable nutrients such as calcium and magnesium
* it wreaks havoc on the digestive system
* it exacerbates stress levels
* it increases anxiety
* it increases oxidation within the cells of the body
* it is taxing on the adrenal glands which can increase suseptibility to adrenal fatigue and it's myriad of corresponding symptoms
* it can increase the likelihood of insomnia
* it can increase impatience and moodiness
* it alters constriction and relaxation of the blood vessels which can cause headaches and hypertension
* once the initial stimulative effect wears off it can actually make you more tired, which leads to feeling like you need another cup of coffee, which creates an addictive cycle.
So maybe just enjoy living in a more relaxed state, it's better for your total wellbeing, mentally, emotionally and physically.It's far better to counter-balance the fast pace and over-stimulation of modern day society rather than add to it.